Implementing telematics into your fleet is no longer only about tracking the vehicles. It’s about using the data in many other ways so that it positively impacts your business in multiple ways: improve fleet safety, understand the best time to cycle your vehicles, and thus ensure that your fleet is most efficient and productive.
With the emergence of class-leading technology and the resultant change in its impact on the business outcome, every organization needs to get three issues right – risk, strategy, and people, to ensure perfect alignment with tech tools and processes.
When properly implemented, GPS vehicle tracking systems can generate positive results in many areas, including employee productivity and driver safety. However, for most fleet managers, what stands out is the ability of telematics to help lower operational expenses. This is by far the most important benefit experienced and expressed by fleet owners/managers.
According to research published by Frost & Sullivan on LCV Telematics Market, fleets that implement a telematics solution can achieve reductions in fuel costs by up to 20 – 25%. This research also states that telematics can help improve vehicle idle times by up to 20 – 30%, reduce total miles driven by up to 5 – 10% and increase vehicle utilization by up to 15 – 20%. These are phenomenal benefits for any organization and merit immediate attention for those interested in improving productivity and as a result, profitability.
Irrespective of the fact that the organization is preparing for a short or a long haul, there are a few other points that if practiced well, will only add to the benefits delivered by a telematics solution. The stand out ones are as follows:
- Tracking of vehicle downtime, while crossing repair facilities
- Controlling the number of sick and old vehicles in the fleet to save the cost of breakdowns
- Get fuel filled in the States where the cost of fuel is less
- Monitoring intervals to efficiently re-route wherever a case of congestion occurs
- Quick deployment of emergency services in case of a mishap
- Inform and educate the drivers of its benefits, as it results in their safety
- Follow time log, as it results in lesser pay cuts
- In case of theft, as soon as a vehicle goes off-route, an alarm can be triggered that will tell the owner and potentially the police, the exact route that was taken
- Save on insurance premium by maintaining the vehicle well, and getting it serviced at regular intervals
Should you wish to avail the latest technology in Telematics, please write to us in the comment section or visit our website www.trimbletl.in